• November 29No School on January 21th, Martin Luther King Jr Observance.

• November 29Girl’s Basketball @ Home on January 22nd from 4:30-5:30pm at MSHS.

• September 4Wrestling Meet @ Home on January 25th from 4-6pm at MSHS (Senior Night).

• August 24Neon Dance on January 19th from 8-11pm at MSHS.

Craft Time

On November 17th, Manitou Springs hosted a Craft Fair that had 71 local vendors. Crafting is a hobby billions of people of people worldwide participate in every single day. Many people express this in different ways: some make bracelets and necklaces out of beads, others could make doors and tables out of old windows or items around the house. They can be for practical use or just a piece of artwork to look at and be proud of. Some people sell their work for money for a living, and others just do it as a hobby. Manitou Springs thinks that people should always express themselves and have the Craft Fair to give a chance to students and people around town to express themselves.

Wendy Skokan, the school secretary, has attended the Craft Fair for eight years. “It’s my favorite day of the year,” Skokan said. She also takes part in the Craft Fair. She takes trash or other unusual items and makes them into new creative useful things. She also likes to create household items such as using old windows as cute towel holders. She just wants people to smile when they see her work. Not only is the craft fair useful for getting ideas out into the world but also all the money earned goes to the MSHS Student Council. 

Mahlia Glass (10), a student council member at Manitou, has attended the Craft Fair for two years in a row. “We raise a lot of money and it will get [StuCo] through the rest of the year,” Glass said. As a member of StuCo, it’s important that they have enough money to support the school. This money can fund other events for the school to create more fun opportunities for the students.

This is Ayla Lehner’s (9) first time at the Craft Fair with her own booth and is selling paintings and homemade Christmas gifts. “It was a lot of fun,” she said.

About the Photographer
Henry Ilyasova, Junior Reporter

Henry Ilyasova (9) runs Manitou Springs High School (MSHS) Cross Country and does mountain biking. Ilyasova’s favorite of the two sports is mountain...