The Prospector

The Prospector

The Prospector

Poll

What are your thoughts on the new English classes?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Letter to the Editor

Dear Editor,

Manitou Springs School District should renovate the track at its high school, because it has fallen into disrepair, and has developed many bumps and divots that pose a health hazard to its users. Over time, with little maintenance, the Manitou track has become dilapidated, especially when compared to other high schools that we compete against. A poor quality track can have significant negative impacts on its users, because when a track is old and has not been properly maintained then it becomes uneven and bumpy. While these small inconsistencies don’t seem like much of a problem, when someone is running upwards of 15 miles per hour, even a little bump or divot can trip up a runner and cause them to stumble or fall, resulting in injury. For example, I was running backwards on the track as part of a warmup for Cross Country, I tripped, fell, and broke my arm. If the track was in a better condition, then I likely would not have broken my arm. Therefore, the Manitou Springs School District should repair and renovate the track to prevent future injuries and bring our track to the level of our competitors.

– Evan L. Fugate