What are your thoughts on the new English classes?

Independent study art gallery: Ethan Anderson

For students who want to pursue more advanced art courses and have personalized guidance for their portfolios, an independent study is the way to go. This program is only available to 11th and 12th graders, and will allow them to earn them credit while creating individual pieces. 

The process of getting an independent study starts with first coming to an agreement with the teacher and student on the course content. The student must then get signed off by their counselor, teacher and the student’s parents. The principal ultimately has the final say.

Ethan Anderson (12) is currently in an independent study with Mrs. Gocinski. “I was able to create almost 20 works of art I’m incredibly proud of,” Anderson said. “I used that art in my art school portfolio, which earned me a combined 150k+ in merit scholarships to MCAD and SAIC.” 

Anderson plans to attend the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. “The independent study gave me the time, resources, and direction I needed to fulfill my dreams of attending a prestigious art school,” Anderson said.