What are your thoughts on the new English classes?

Review: Unfrosted

Unfrosted was released by Netflix on May 3.

“Unfrosted” is a new movie that was released to Netflix on May 3. The movie is based around the invention of Pop Tarts and the rivalry between Kellogg’s and Post. Both cereal companies want to create a new product that will blow people’s minds away, and this is a jelly-filled pastry. The story follows many setbacks and competition between the characters and companies. I think that this movie is pretty good and entertaining if you are looking for a fun movie to watch. I think that the acting and music selection is pretty good, and I think that the storyline was interesting and very eventful.

The movie starts with the characters finding the remains of Post’s Pop Tarts in the trash. The Pop Tarts tasted amazing, and from then on Kellogg’s knew they had to make their own. So they gathered a team of people to make it happen. They went through many trials and errors during this process, but never gave up!

The plot/storyline was interesting in my opinion. It was all pretty dumb in an intentionally funny way, but I think that it made the movie enjoyable to watch. It created a fun and creative tone/mood to the movie. The movie takes place in the 50’s, and I could tell that the movie used colors and outfits in a way to emphasize the unseriousness of the movie. Even in the serious/tense situations, the movie still felt very unserious. Because of this aspect, I can compare this movie to the Pee-wee Herman movies. I say this because while the movies may still be pretty different, the very unserious tone created by the characters and storyline is really similar.

Overall, I did like the plot of the movie because it was funny and interesting, but I do feel like there was almost too much going on towards the end. In order for the humor to be maintained the movie kept adding more and more events to the plot, and at one point it felt a little too busy. But, overall I enjoyed the storyline.

The music and soundtrack for this movie perfectly blended into the situation and mood of the scenes. The music usually had a very energetic vibe that blended into the unseriousness of the movie perfectly. When jokes or funny remarks were made, music was used almost like a punchline similar to when drums are played after someone makes a joke. For this reason, I think that the music has a presence that almost acts as its own humorous character. So, the music blends into scenes perfectly and has an energetic vibe, but the movie also uses silence to influence the feeling of certain scenes. In tense or fearful situations that the characters are experiencing, the music goes quiet for a moment to highlight the importance of the scene, and then eventually goes back to the background music I had described previously. The type of music and the way the music was used in this movie reminds me of the movie “Home Alone”. I say this because the sounds of the music used in both movies sound similar to each other and are used in similar ways. How music and sound is used in tense moments and funny moments are very comparable. The similar sounds of music has a nostalgia that I like because it makes the movie more comparable or relatable to other movies I have seen before.

In this movie, there are a lot of very well known actors and actresses such as James Marsden, Amy Schumer, Hugh Grant, and so many more. I like that the movie had a lot of well known actors because seeing these people play really funny characters is very entertaining. I thought that overall the acting and characters in this movie was especially good. The characters in this movie all have dramatized personalities for the purpose of humor, and I think that the actors did a great job at exemplifying that. I can imagine that it is probably difficult to try and play a very dumb and dramatic character in a serious way, yet the actors did it perfectly in my opinion. They managed to make these characters extremely fictional personalities seem like they could be actual real personalities. The dramatized acting in this movie reminds me of “The Series of Unfortunate Events”. This is because in both of these TV series/movies the characters are all extra dramatic and the situations ‘seriousness’ is amplified for comical effect.

Overall, I do think that I would recommend this movie to a friend. It is a funny movie that is amusing to watch and is a good choice to watch with friends or family. I don’t think that I would watch this movie over and over again, but it was still a good movie. So if you are a person who likes funny, upbeat movies that are also a little dumb, this is definitely the movie for you.

I would rate this movie 6.5-7/10.