Jessie Nunley named the MSHS 2023-24 assistant principal

Emily

Jessie Nunley accepts vice principal position at Manitou Springs High School for the 2023-24 school year.

Ari Clark and Emily Waite

On Feb. 10 at 4:47 p.m., an email was sent out to parents, staff and students to announce that Jessie Nunley had been hired as the new assistant principal of Manitou Springs High School for the 2023-24 school year.

Nunley is honored to receive this position at MSHS. “I feel it’s the biggest privilege that I’ve been given so far in my career, and I hope to keep that mindset, and hopefully the service of everyone in our school, our students and staff,” Nunley said. 

After interviewing amongst many other candidates, Nunley felt a little intimated. “Honestly I was really nervous and worried because I knew that there were probably many applicants that also would want this position, myself included,” she said. “It’s an awesome place to work. And I know there’s a lot of people that would love to work at Manitou.” 

Despite her many qualified competitors, she moved past the application process. “I was luckily accepted for an interview,” Nunley said, “It was altogether a two-hour interview. So, I had two performance tasks that I did in front of a panel of about 15 of our teachers and community members.” 

Nunley is overjoyed to have received this position and looks forward to continuing improving our school as well as getting to know students and staff better. “I would love to continue as always building really meaningful relationships with our school community and that includes students and staff and families,” she said.

Nunley will be working alongside Anna Conrad, principal at MSHS, for the 23-24 school year. “I would like to get to know more about our, our students and staff perspective about what really makes our school a great place and what we hope to continue moving forward to make it the best place that can be,” Nunley said.

In the next year, Nunley wants to help the school grow and change for the better. “I hope to capture our identity, and to capture who we want to be moving forward.”