Manitou’s Boys Swimmers Improve Coronado Team

Kieran Lynch, Reporter

As some of us may know, Manitou does not have a boy’s swim team. According to the school rules, students may play a sport at another school if it is not offered at Manitou. This means that there are a decent amount of boys from Manitou that go to Coronado High School for swim. There are eight swimmers who go to Manitou but swim on the Coronado team. Greg Shaw (12), Marley Kaiser (11), Kieran Lynch (11), Logan Seward (10), Alex Spieker (10), Andrew Dillinder (9), Jackson Sawyer (9) and Randal Burtoft (9).  All eight Manitou swimmers were on this year’s league team. Coronado won their league meet for boys swim for the second season in a row. Manitou swimmers contributed to that win greatly. Manitou boys scored 215 out of 383 of Coronado’s points (this includes relays that they were on). A few of Coronado’s top swimmers are Manitou students, here are a few of their stats for the League meet.

Greg Shaw – 1st in 100 Fly Final, broke Meet, League, and Pool record with a time of 52.95, 4th in 50 Free Final; On the first place team in the 200 Medley Relay which broke the meet, league and pool record. On the 3rd place team in the 400 Free relay. Will go to States in all events. Swimming next year for Baldwin Wallace 

Marley Kaiser – 6th in 100 Breast Final, 6th in 200 IM Final, 1st in the 200 Medley Relay which broke the meet, league and pool record. 2nd in 200 Free Relay. Will go to states in all events

Kieran Lynch – 6th in 100 Fly Final; 1st in 200 IM Consolation Final, on the 3rd place 400 Free relay. Will go to states for Fly as well as the 400 Relay.

Logan Seward – Made it to consolation finals in 100 Back

Alex Spieker – Made it to consolation finals for the 100 Fly

Andrew Dillinder – Made it to consolation finals in 100 fly & 500 free

Jackson Sawyer – Made it to consolation finals for the 100 breast

Randal Burtoft – Finals for the 100 Back and consolation finals for the 200 IM
The Coronado team for state consists of Will Chaney, Greg Shaw, Ben Topper, Marley Kaiser, Daniel Saks, Kieran Lynch, Andy Aire, Randle Burtoft, Jordan Dale, and Zac Gerhardt. Four out of the ten swimmers going to the state meet are Manitou boys.