Sports Wrap-Up: Culver Sets the Mark for the Golf Team

Theodore Weiss, Senior Reporter

Lucas Culver (11) of the golf team had three goals leading up to the Manitou Springs High School Boys’ Golf Team this season to make all conference for Tri-Peaks league, shoot a personal goal of 78, and to make it to the state competition.

Although Culver was only able to accomplish two of those goals, he was able to make all conference. However, he was still not able to accomplish his and the teams goal of making it to state.

But Culver is certain that he’ll make state his senior year, “I did not make state, but I will next year.”

For Culver, being more consistent is working on the little things. “I’m going to try and improve my swing and consistency of it… just the techniques,” said Culver.

Even though the team was unable to get to state, there were still good things to come out of the season. The team improved throughout the season and Culver wasn’t the only one to be given all conference.

Jaedan Jones (10) and Trae Rocha (10) both stepped up this season, and were named to all conference. Jones’s best score was 91 and Ruchas best was 86.

Culver thinks that the improvement made throughout the season will lead to them accomplishing their goal, “I see a lot of bright futures at Manitou Golf.”