• April 17The Tri-Peaks League Art Show opens on April 19 at Fountain Valley at 5 p.m.

• April 12Baseball (H) vs. CSCS on April 20th from 11am-3pm.

• April 12The MSHS Musical will be at the MSES on April 19th and April 20th from 7-10pm.

• April 12Girl's Soccer game (H) vs. Salida on April 18 from 4-8pm.

• April 12Soccer dinner in the MSHS commons on April 17 from 5-7pm.

Season So Far: A Summary of the Lady Stangs’ Current Swim Season

Kieran Lynch, Swim Correspondent

With only two meets left to go before they face Leagues and States, the Lady Stangs have proven that they are once again set on domination in the swim world. Their season has gone better than anyone could have anticipated with a 5-1 win:lose ratio so far, and so many records set. Here is a summary of the season so far. Catch up on the season so far and continue to follow the Lady Stangs on the Prospector, where you can read articles about the team and watch live streams of the Manitou Home meets.

Salida at MSHS

103-67 win (1/21/16)

The Salida meet was the last home meet of the season and starts the part of the season that is heavily focused on the League meet then the State meet. During this meet a new pool record was set for the 200 free relay by Veronica Morin (12), Emily Dolloff-Holt (11), Kethrys Buffa (11), and Samantha White (12). The relay got a time of 1:42.14 and beat the Salida team by about 30 seconds!

Hornet Invite

2nd of 21 (1/16/16)

Veronica Morin won the 50 free with the time of 23.87, she finished first in this event during both the preliminary race and the finals. Manitou also won the 200 medley relay, The Manitou team beat Cheyenne Mountain’s relay team by only 0.33 seconds. Veronica Morin (12) broke the 50 free pool record, and our 200 medley team broke the pool record as well. The team was made up of swimmers Kethrys Buffa (11), Samantha White (12), Emily Dolloff-Holt (11), and Veronica Morin (12). The Lady Stangs placed second at the meet after only Cheyenne Mountain and got ahead of the Highlands Ranch team by 93 point.

Kent Denver at MSHS

99-71 win (1/13/16)

At the kent denver meet we dominated the competition, the Manitou team won every event except the 500 free. The athlete of the meet was Carrie Linhart (12). Carrie has been working on her 500 freestyle for some time after a shoulder surgery she had last year. She hopes to help out the team by swimming the 500 in the League Meet this year. Last season at the Tri Peaks League Meet Kent denver took first place, the Manitou ladies were only nine points behind them in second place. The Lady Stangs winning this meet could mean great things for the Manitou team this year at the League Meet.

St. Mary’s at MSHS

122 – 41 win (1/6/16)

At the home meet against St. Mary’s the Manitou team won every event except the 200 freestyle in which Kaitlyn Cashdollar (9) took second place. Three Manitou pool records were broken by the Lady Stangs during this meet. Veronica Morin (12) broke the 50 and 100 freestyle records, and Sam White (12) broke the 100 breaststroke record.

Cheyenne Mountain Invitational

2nd of 16 (12/19/15)

At the Cheyenne Mountain Invite we managed to get second behind the Cheyenne Mountain team. The most notable race was the 200 freestyle relay. For the majority of the race the Cheyenne Mountain team was ahead, however during the last 25 of the race Veronica Morin (12) managed to bring the Manitou team right up next to the Cheyenne Mountain team. The race ended with both the Cheyenne Mountain team and the Manitou team getting the exact same time of 1:38.54. As if the tie was not enough, both teams managed to break the pool record.

Mshs at Fountain Valley

109 – 74 win (12/10/15)

The meet against Fountain Valley went very well considering that we were down three swimmers. This really gave some of the newer swimmers a chance to step up to the plate with some of our main swimmers gone. The swimmer of the meet was Jaycie Kaltenbacher (11),  who replaced one of our swimmers and made an amazing contribution to our relay.

Mshs at Widefield

133 – 46 win (12/8/15)

The Widefield meet was the first time that Manitou had a diver to contribute to their team. Their diver Madeline Butts (10) took second place and also was the athlete of the meet.

La Junta at Mshs

113 – 57 win (12/3/15)

A new pool record was set for the 200 medley relay with the time of 1:53.51. The team was made up of Kethrys Buffa (11), Sydney Dolloff-Holt (9), Emily Dolloff-holt (11), and Veronica Morin (12). This meet was the Lady Stangs’ first home meet and proved that they are once again a force to be reckoned with in the swim world.

MSHS at Cheyenne Mountain

119 – 64 loss (12/1/15)

The first meet of the season was a good way to warm up for the rest of the season. Even though we did not win the meet the Manitou girls team got a chance to do their events for the first time this season and get a sense of how good of a season it is going to be.

About the Writer
Kieran Lynch, Reporter

Kieran Lynch is a 15-year-old Manitou veteran, having been in the district since 3rd grade. His favorite sandwich is cheesesteak. His aura would...