Thomson fills the void left in the front office

Stacy+Thomson%2C+in+her+new+office%2C+answers+the+phone+and+signs+in+students+at+the+beginning+of+the+2021-2022+school+year.++

Emily Waite

Stacy Thomson, in her new office, answers the phone and signs in students at the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.

Emily Waite, Reporter

Manitou Springs School District 14 is in full swing with this 2021-2022 school year. This year Manitou Springs High School has ten new staff members, including a new front office secretary, Stacy Thomson.  Thomson took over for retired secretary Wendy Skokan this summer. 

Stacy Thomson, Administrative Assistant, is new to MSHS this year. Although she has been in MSSD 14 for quite some time. Thomson grew up in this district and has previously worked in Manitou Springs Elementary School and Manitou Springs Middle School. She said that she always hoped to one day end up at MSHS, and she is excited to see what this new position brings for her. 

Thomson expressed her enthusiasm to meet and make connections with all the new staff, students and families at MSHS. So far in this position, she said her favorite part of her day is meeting new students every day and getting to know them. “Every time I meet new students and just getting to know them is an amazing feeling for me,” Thomson said.

Thomson also has a daughter, Ashlyn, at MSHS. Ashlyn is a senior this year. Thomson enjoys being with Ashlyn every day and being able to watch her senior year unfold. “Seeing my daughter on her first day of her senior year has been one of my favorite moments here so far,” Thomson said.

In her free time, Thomson enjoys spending time with her family and watching sporting events. Her family enjoys watching school sporting events, college leagues and professional events together. She said her favorite team to watch is the New York Jets. 

Thomson is already filling the big void Miss Wendy left when she retired over the summer, and the student body is excited to get to know her as she makes the front office her own.