• September 15Tri-Peaks Cheer is Thursday, Nov. 16 at 6-7 p.m. at James Irwin.

• July 30Honor Orchestra and Choir is Nov. 17-18 at Pueblo West High School.

• July 30Drive Smart events start Monday, Nov. 13 and go through Friday. Dec. 1.

Boys Soccer Wins Game Against Lamar

Riley+Jungbauer+%2810%29+celebrates+with+his+teammates+after+scoring+one+of+his+three+goals+in+the+game+against+Lamar+resulting+in+a+hat+trick.+Jungbauer+was+on+the+varsity+team+his+freshman+year+and+is+on+it+again+this+year%2C+making+it+his+second+year+of+soccer+with+the+high+school.+
Riley Jungbauer (10) celebrates with his teammates after scoring one of his three goals in the game against Lamar resulting in a hat trick. Jungbauer was on the varsity team his freshman year and is on it again this year, making it his second year of soccer with the high school.

Kaitlyn Davidson, Senior Reporter

Captains Nicholas Vidovich (12), John Gerdes (12) and Alliah Halcomb (12) led the soccer team to victory over Lamar High School with a score of 5-0 in Thursday’s home non-conference game. They currently hold a 2-0 record game record for this season.

Riley Jungbauer (10) scored an impressive hat trick, scoring 3 goals in a row, before half time. Jez Sommers (10) scored the 4th point right before the half. For Jungbauer’s outstanding performance, he was awarded MaxPreps “Player of the Game”.

Parker Hall (10) is one of the JV players who is good friends with Jungbauer. “[Jungbauer is] someone I look up to. He is always pulling hard,” Hall said. Hall was an integral part in the Junior Varsity’s win against Lamar, as well as a big personality on the team.

Despite the rain that arose during halftime, MSHS’s team still pulled another point shot by Cullen Coté (10), who also had two assists throughout the game, as well as two saves by goalie, Zach Talbott (10).

Halcomb is confident in the team’s continued win streak, explaining to Soccer Commentator, Mike Talbott, “Don’t worry about reading [the other team’s] numbers, you won’t have to be reading them too much.”

His confidence is probably set in their strong team, as they only lost one senior last year and have a lot of emerging talent clearly shown in these early games. When all else fails, the team still has their strong traditions, such as avoiding washing their uniform and cutting their hair at all costs during the season, to fall back on.

The next varsity soccer team game is at rival school St. Mary’s on Tuesday, September 5th at 7 p.m.