Announcements – March 11, 2016

Dive-In night tickets, AP test registration, new arts class and more coming up.

Bryce Vanderveer, Reporter

GOOD MORNING MANITOU SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY, MARCH 11

All AP testing forms and payment are due to Mrs. Johnson by March 17 before 1st block. There are no exceptions.

Activity Announcements:

Don’t forget, tickets for the March 18th Sharknado Dive-In are on sale every day at lunch for $10. After this week, the ticket price raises. Don’t delay! Ticket cost covers the movie, food, and pool entry!

Working in Mass Media with Matt Rivera, Luke Ganger, and Morgan Baker

Manitou Springs High School is having a spirit night with Chick-Fil-A on Garden of the Gods for Monday, March 28th, 4-8pm. 15% of the total receipts we collect from customers on that evening will benefit our after prom/senior week fund. We need approximately 15 students wearing MSHS apparel to man the event. If interested in helping with this event, please see Ms. Wendy. Please talk up the event to your family and friends, as well as come to Chick Fil A on that evening to eat dinner!

Arts14 classes in art and music begin this week. You may pick up sign-up materials in the lobby.

Girls golfers need to have their pass to practice in and be ready to start practice next week.

Hey tracksters: Just a reminder that track practice is mandatory today.

Today’s Activity/Athletic Announcements:

10:15am – 11:45am                                    BBB at STATE vs. Grand Valley (Consolation Bracket) – Denver Coliseum

4:00pm – 5:30pm                                    GBB at STATE (FINAL 4) vs. Sterling – Denver Coliseum

4:00pm – 8:00pm                                    GSOC (H) JAMES IRWIN 4/6

Sat Mar 12

8:00am – 1:00pm                                    KNOWLEDGE BOWL @ VISTA RIDGE

Counseling Announcements:

Seniors…Please make sure you are checking out recent scholarships available! The Kiwanis Applications are due by Friday March 18th.

Seniors: The MSEF Scholarship deadline is next Tuesday. This is a $4,000 scholarship awarded over four years of study at a college of your choice. Also, the vocational scholarship application is now available. Visit the counseling page for details.

Juniors – Remember to see Mrs. Perkins to Sign up for the ACT Prep Seminar!

And Mr. Johnston’s Friday Fun Fact is: What is the second most eaten cookie in the U.S.? Chocolate Chip, Oreos are #1

And Mr. Johnston’s Spring Break Countdown is: Out of the next 16 days, we have 11 of them off.

And Ms. Wendy’s Friday joke is: What do you call having your grandma on speed dial? Instagram.