Announcements – February 22, 2016

Devin+Kelly+%2812%29+playing+with+the+currently+popular+Tech+Deck+during+a+break+in+a+French+class.+These+Tech+Decks+are+making+a+comeback+here+at+Manitou+after+a+long+break+in+popularity.+

Becca Heiniger

Devin Kelly (12) playing with the currently popular Tech Deck during a break in a French class. These Tech Decks are making a comeback here at Manitou after a long break in popularity.

Becca Heiniger, Reporter

Knowledge Bowl places regionals, qualifies for state:

Please congratulate these students on the Knowledge Bowl team who placed third in the region and qualified for state.

Cicada Scott, Max Hexom, Molly Ardnt, Cassidy Ardnt, Agnes Navaratne, David Mysuria, DJ Char, Gunnar Marquart

Yearbook surveys – Valentines and Seniors:

The yearbook committee sent out a survey on Saturday. Please take it for a chance to be featured in this year’s Warhorse Yearbook!

Forensics regionals Saturday:

Nice job to the Forensics team for their performance at Regionals this Saturday.  John Bebee is an alternate to state in National Extemp and McKenna Reid is an alternate in Poetry. These two along with Dominique Ortonward are now qualified to attend the Southern Colorado National Speech and Debate qualifying meet in two weeks.

Track Pre-Season practice:

3:30pm – 4:30pm Track Pre-Season (track)

Congratulations to our Girls and Boys Basketball teams! There will be a Girls basketball home game Tuesday at 6pm  (vs. Buena Vista) and there will be a Boys basketball home game Wednesday at 6pm (vs. Trinidad) Please come out and support our teams. Just a reminder – These are Tri Peaks League District games and all students must pay for admission.  Cost is $2.00

Graduation order hand out:

Herff-Jones will be here tomorrow during advisee to had out graduation orders that have come in.