• April 17The Tri-Peaks League Art Show opens on April 19 at Fountain Valley at 5 p.m.

• April 12Baseball (H) vs. CSCS on April 20th from 11am-3pm.

• April 12The MSHS Musical will be at the MSES on April 19th and April 20th from 7-10pm.

• April 12Girl's Soccer game (H) vs. Salida on April 18 from 4-8pm.

• April 12Soccer dinner in the MSHS commons on April 17 from 5-7pm.

Sydney Dolloff-Holt Signs with Colorado Mesa

Sydney+Dolloff-Holt+%2812%29+signs+with+MSHS+Athletic+Director+Cameron+Jones+and+Colorado+Torpedoes+Head+Swim+Coach+Roy+Chaney+present.+Dolloff-Holt+will+attend+Colorado+Mesa+University+in+the+fall.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Sydney Dolloff-Holt (12) signs with MSHS Athletic Director Cameron Jones and Colorado Torpedoes Head Swim Coach Roy Chaney present. Dolloff-Holt will attend Colorado Mesa University in the fall.

Aniah Olson, Staff Member

Manitou Springs High School (MSHS) Varsity swimmer and Colorado Torpedoes club swimmer Sydney Dolloff-Holt (12) spent her Tuesday lunch period signing a binding contract to Colorado Mesa University, formally committing to swim for them. Dolloff-Holt’s family and closest friends came to support her and celebrate her commitment. Dolloff-Holt has been swimming for 13 years now and the signing does nothing but proves that her dedication has paid off.

Dolloff-Holt has gained a lot of fun memories throughout her years of swimming, but one season is unforgettable. Her freshmen year, she and her sister took the 4A state title for the 200 freestyle relay along with alumni Veronica Morin and Samantha White. As someone who looks up to her sister very much, this was a very influential moment for her.

Dolloff-Holt had a clear state of mind when deciding which college she wanted to attend and swim for. Her intentions were to not swim for an NCAA Division I team. Dolloff-Holt had to give up some of the schools she was interested in because they didn’t even have sports teams. Dolloff-Holt is familiar with the type of swim coaches that Colorado Mesa University has and is looking forward to working with them. The majority of her life has been spent in a small town with many familiar faces, but Dolloff-Holt is ready to move on to bigger and better things this next semester. She is very excited to move to a bigger town and be surrounded by and swim with people who share the same mindset as her.

One of Dolloff-Holt’s goals this next semester at Colorado Mesa University is to get the Olympic trial cuts. Things seem to be looking good for Dolloff-Holt right now and all her loved ones are looking forward to the great achievements in her future.

About the Writer
Aniah Olson, Reporter

Aniah Olson (11) decided to join Advanced Journalism for the 2018-19 school year in order to gain more experience with cameras and further her liking...