Are You Going Out of State for Spring Break?

Mustangs end season at Holy Family

The Manitou Springs boys basketball team lost at the hands Holy Family Saturday evening by a score of 48-21.

The loss knocked the Mustangs out of the Regional tournament and eliminated the possibility of them making the state tournament for the second consecutive year.

In the game Manitou started off strong ending the first quarter with 12-10 lead.

However, the Mustangs offense went stale as they only managed to score a total of nine points in the next three quarters.

The 21 total points marked the lowest total points in a game for the Mustangs this season.

The game also marked the first game this season that Manitou had none of their players scoring in double figures.

The high scorers for the game were Chad Sienknecht with 9 and Mick Prather with 5. Despite the loss Coach Ken Vecchio said, “Our team got better throughout the season and we need to keep improving for next year “.

The Mustangs finished with an overall record of 14-10 and a league record of 9-3.

The Seniors on this years squad include Chad Sienknecht, KC Quarry, Jason Cox and Zach Carpenter.

By Drew Faloon