Announcements – March 9, 2016

Off to class at MSHS

Bryce Vanderveer, Reporter

GOOD MORNING MANITOU SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9

Just a reminder: ALL students are to enter through the commons doors at all times.

All AP testing forms and payment are due to Mrs. Johnson by March 17 before 1st block. There are no exceptions.

Activity Announcements:
Ready for a night of swimming, food, friends, & Sharknado? Friday, March 18th, come to the Dive-In at the Manitou Pool! Tickets start at $10, and go on sale tomorrow at lunch. Don’t delay! Tickets will NOT be sold at the door, and the longer you wait, the higher the price! Ticket cost covers the movie, food, and pool entry!

Manitou Springs High School is having a spirit night with Chick-Fil-A on Garden of the Gods for Monday, March 28th, 4-8pm. 15% of the total receipts we collect from customers on that evening will benefit our after prom/senior week fund. We need approximately 15 students wearing MSHS apparel to man the event. If interested in helping with this event, please see Ms. Wendy. Please talk up the event to your family and friends, as well as come to Chick Fil A on that evening to eat dinner!

Arts14 classes in art and music begin this week. You may pick up sign-up materials in the lobby.

Knowledge Bowl practice today at lunch in Mrs. Gardner’s room.

Today’s Activity/Athletic Announcements:

We are proud to announce that Veronica Morin has been selected as a semifinalist for the ASPIRE Athlete of the Week! ASPIRE Beverage Company recognizes and rewards top-performing high school student-athletes with a selection criteria that honors “greatness” demonstrated in athletics, academics, community involvement and character. Congratulations Veronica!”

Counseling Announcements:
Seniors…Please make sure you are checking out recent scholarships available! The Kiwanis Applications are due by Friday March 18th.

Seniors: The MSEF Scholarship deadline is next Tuesday. This is a $4,000 scholarship awarded over four years of study at a college of your choice. Also, the vocational scholarship application is now available. Visit the counseling page for details.

Juniors – Remember to see Mrs. Perkins to Sign up for the ACT Prep Seminar!

And our Campaign for Kindness Act of Kindness this week is: Congratulate a basketball player and/or coach!