• May 2School gets out on the 25th! Have fun over the summer!

The Mighty Five on Fridays Episode 4: Scholarships, Track Meets and Broken Legs

James Baker and Zach McGee

The Mighty Five is a video segment highlighting outstanding performances by MSHS students in the past few weeks. We will be looking across all activities, school and non-school sponsored and determining who are the might five Mustangs.

In this weeks Mighty Five we feature Davyn Adamscheck (11), Jared Keul (11), Hayley Hamblin (12), Brooklyn Mack (10), and Mrs. Roberson. Adamscheck had a home run, two triples, a double, and a single in a double header against Buena Vista’s baseball last week. Keul placed second in the 800m at the Colorado Cougar Invitational meet with a time of 2.00.68, that time is also the second best 800m time in the state at the 3A level. Hamblin earned the honor of prom queen at Manitou’s prom last week and also earned five scholarships to five different schools: The James H. Baker scholarship worth 10k to CU Boulder, a 96k Chancellor’s scholarship for Denver University, Colorado Merit scholarship worth 8k to CSU-Fort Collins , and finally a 52k academic scholarship to Oral Roberts. Mack is tied for the all-time season scoring record at Manitou with 20 goals this season, and multiple games left. In the past two weeks, or five games, she has scored six goals. Finally Mrs. Roberson finished the last 24 miles of a 26.2 mile marathon with a spiral fracture she endured on her right leg early in the race. Through all of it she was able to qualify for a spot running in the Boston Marathon.

Congratulations to all the Mighty Five recipients.