Mustangs for Wish Kids

Kelsey Hartwig, Student Council Correspondent

Though the season of giving is nearly to an end, it is just the beginning for Manitou Springs High School. MSHS is a proud supporter of the Make-A-Wish foundation, a very large foundation that “helps make the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy” (Make-A-Wish).

Manitou Springs High School has decided to participate in Make-A-Wish yet again in support of the state service project, chosen by the Colorado State Representative board. Due to schools in Colorado participating in Make-A-Wish in the past, not only raising $336,000 with the help of 47 schools, but Colorado also received the NASC State Outstanding Service Project award.

MSHS State Representative and Chairperson of Manitou’s Make-A-Wish project, Mahalia Henschel, explains student council’s plan to support the Make-A-Wish foundation. “We will have many competitions, and include the community. Daily amounts will be set and if we reach our goals, the whole school will feel the benefit a.k.a fun prizes and maybe even (with the approval of our lovely administration) an extended lunch.”

Last year, Manitou Springs reached a total of $1,000 in donations. This year student council hope to double that by reaching the set goal of $2,000. With the help of the student body and administration we have a great chance to be able to reach that goal.

Find out more at wish.org.