Mustang Volleyball: Manitou vs La Junta

Talia Traxler, Reporter

On Thursday, October 13, Manitou Springs High School pushed breast cancer awareness by hosting a “Pink Night” and all Mustang volleyball teams were triumphant over La Junta.

The first team to play was the c team who won in the first two matches with scores of 25-20 for the first game and 27-25 for the second.

JV also won in the first two matches with scores of 25-17 and 25-20

During the first match, varsity was a little slow in the beginning but quickly picked it up with a total of 7 kills. There were two hit kills by Shelby Hard(12), three by McKayla Cully (10) and one by Marissa Thomas (10). One tip kill was made by Alex Riley (12). The score was a close 24-24 however, the Mustangs were able to push two more points with a final score of 26-24.

The second match for Varsity included 5 kills. Three by Shelby Hard (12), one by McKayla Cully (10), and one by Abbie Boren (10). Two notable blocks where made as well; one by Alex Riley and Mckayla Cully and one by Shelby Hard. The ending score of this match was 25-20

The third match was the most aggressive by the Mustangs with 8 kills in all. Four were made by McKayla Cully (10), one by Kylie Middleton (10), one by Shelby Hard (12), and one by Marissa Thomas (10). This match won the game for Manitou with a score of 25-20. Keep it up mustangs!